About Marianne Sawford
If you and your child have decided that you would like to hire a tutor, I have a wealth of experience to offer you. I have a relaxed and friendly approach and understand how important it is for children to feel at ease in order to learn effectively. As an experienced primary school teacher I fully understand the importance of a consistent approach to supporting children’s learning in areas such as written calculations, for example, but I am also able to offer a fresh perspective and some new, individually-tailored ways of learning.
- Maybe your child would like to simply boost his or her confidence in a particular subject area, such as spelling or mental calculations, or have some unhurried time to consolidate what he or she has covered in school.
- Would your child benefit from a varied approach to learning some of the basic concepts they have perhaps previously found difficult? I can offer a range of games and practical activities for all learning, including such basics as number bonds, times tables facts, spelling and dictionary skills. Tuition does not necessarily have to be pen-and-paper based at all. This is particularly important for younger children. I aim to make learning as fun and active as possible.
- Does your child lack motivation in one area of learning, such as writing? I can work with your child to find interesting and purposeful opportunities for them to write and develop their skills, confidence and enjoyment.
- Your child may be working towards a particular test or exam and benefit from tuition on exam technique as well as subject content.
- Home educated children may want to work with a tutor on a particular area of learning or take a project-based approach that encompasses several different areas of learning. I am happy to take an interest-led approach if this suits you.